The Czech Republic Centre for Evidence-Based Health Care
The Czech Republic Centre for Evidence-Based Health Care – an affiliated centre of the JBI in Olomouc was approved by The Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI), School of Translational Health Science at the University of Adelaide in December 2013.
What is our aim?
- We focus on the creation of systematic reviews (SR) – using exclusively exact scientific methods for identification, selection and appraisal of results from primary research in a very particular area.
- In cooperation with our foreign partners we contribute to the development of methodology to create a higher level systematic reviews – Mixed SR and Umbrella SR.
What is it?
- It is a thorough systematic review (SR) with meta-analysis (in quantitative research) of meta-synthesis (in qualitative research).
- In order to achieve the highest levels of evidence, available information from so-called “grey literature” are also included.
What are systematic reviews used for?
- enhance - validity, reliability and exactness of research results is a particular area
- eliminate errors – in terms of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- offers scientific evidence
- in the context of Evidence-Based Healthcare (EBHC), they rank among the most valuable scientific evidence
How are systematic reviews created?
- first we prepare the title, protocol and abstract of a future systematic review
- we send it to the JBI Centre in Adelaide for review and approval of the systematic review
- we prepare systematic review reviewed by the JBI Centre once again and approved
- systematic review is published
Why do we use a protocol?
- the structure conforms to JBI methodology for creating a systematic reviews with meta-analysis or meta-synthesis
- enables the systematic review to be repeated in a given area
- it is a part of the JBI software
Systematic Review Courses
This training program is designed to prepare researchers and clinicians to develop, conduct and report comprehensive systematic reviews of evidence using the Joanna Briggs Institute SUMARI software. (The Joanna Briggs Institute Systematic Review Training Program)
Evidence-Based Healthcare Courses
Evidence-Based Clinical Fellowship Program (EBCFP) is a globally unique and comprehensive program focused on implementation of the best available scientific evidence into healthcare practice and its practical realization.
EBCFP is designed especially for clinicians and other professionals like managers, policy makers and quality managers in all areas in healthcare.